Three viewpoints to help you decide if you should pursue your dream
(This is an AI generated audio.)
Do you have an OUTRAGEOUS or WILD idea that isn’t perhaps so outrageous or wild?
Follow a calling to do something more than you’re doing, like starting your online business now and becoming rich enough to provide for your family at a much higher level than currently?
Make the world a better place? Yes… you. Dream big!
Sounds idealistic or naïve? Banal?
As my experience taught me, when that inner voice speaks to you, you should listen to it. Call it what you will: intuition, instinct, divine intervention… it’s there for a reason!
As a former employee of a big multinational fast-moving consumer goods company, having launched a few startups based on my bliss that have sustained me and my family for years, I can assure you… taking that leap of faith was worth it.
Take my translation business for instance. I’ve always found it non-work, sort of a game, entertainment, and source of joy to take someone’s sentences, digest them, turn them around and make them sound natural and nice in another language. So, there was a time that I felt a strong urge to stop everything else and focus entirely on translations. The desire to become an entrepreneur surfaced at the same time as I wanted to get away from the burdens of employment. The next step was to scan my little black book and see if I had enough buddies and ex-colleagues who would be happy joining me in my new endeavor.
Forty years later, that translation business is thriving! It is a market leader in the country where I established it.
How can you decide if your wild dream is worth pursuing or not? What are the viewpoints you should contemplate when you hear that tantalizing calling?
There can be many, but in my case, these three were enough to make my choice.
- Find out if your Big Idea excites you alone, or it will click with others. The critical question that must be answered positively is: Is there a demonstrable need? (We have other blog posts and white papers on this critical subject. If you cannot find what you need, contact us.)
- Do not start implementing it unless you can be sure (at least pretty sure) that you will have someone to support you. It could be someone you trust to be partnering with you in your new endeavor. Or make certain that you have the resources to outsource some of the work to experts.
- Make a careful preliminary estimate. For how long could you maintain your current standard of living (including your family, of course) without cannibalizing your bank account? In other words, what would your reserves allow you to do before you establish a steady cash flow, an income that starts growing quickly?
There could be many other aspects of your business launch worth considering, but these are, in my opinion, the three basic ones that one should not ignore.
Needless to say, the greatest idea can lead to a disaster if implemented carelessly or without due preparations. Most importantly, you should learn the nitty gritty details of online marketing. It is not rocket science but is complex enough, so give yourself enough time to learn and master it.
If you have any thoughts on the subject, please comment, and if you have any questions, leave them in the comments or contact us at WorkSmartFormula.com/contact.
"Business Explosion" Coaching Session
** NEW, For a Limited Time **
I’d like to invite you to take advantage of a special, “Business Breakthrough” coaching session where we’ll work together to…
- Create a crystal clear vision for your "ultimate business success" and the "perfect lifestyle" you'd like our business to provide.
- Uncover hidden challenges that may be sabotaging the growth of your business and keeping you working too many hours.
- Leave this session renewed, re-energized, and inspired to turn your business into a highly profitable, revenue-generating machine that practically runs itself.
If you'd like to take advantage of this very special, very limited, and totally FREE 30 minute "Business Breakthrough" coaching session, click the button below and answer some questions.
I cannot guarantee a session for everyone. Existing clients take priority. If you cannot find a time then I'm booked solid for the next 60 days. Contact me and I'll see if I can set something up.